Before you start the process of hiring a moving company, it is advisable to evaluate them. Most people have little or no experience in hiring a professional mover and they find it to be daunting. Hiring a good moving company can make the entire process of relocation to a new place smooth and easy.
It is advisable to do your homework before you take the final decision of hiring a mover. Evaluating the moving company can also ensure that you are able to avoid scams.
What are the questions to ask for evaluating a moving company?
- Do they have proper license and insurance coverage? Are different levels of valuation coverage provided for household items?
- What are the moving services that they provide and how long they have been in this business? What are the additional services they provide?
- Do they do the moving on their own or do they subcontract the work? Do they have a physical address? Do they have a phone and email id?
- Are their employees properly trained in packing, loading and unloading processes? Do they use full time employees or day labor? Do they have their own trucks and equipment?
- Do they charge extra for large items? Are their employees trained in dismantling furniture and other big items?
- Do they offer storage facilities? What is the cost for storage facility? Is the storage facility available for long term or short-term purposes?
- How do they charge for their services? Is it hourly rate or weight of shipment rate? Do they charge extra on weekends and holidays? What will be the cost for additional services? What are the payment methods they accept? Do they charge extra on arrival? Are there any hidden costs?
- Do they help in moving pets and plants?
- Are there any unresolved complaints against them? What is the process for solving complaints? How do they settle disputes?
- What is the type of estimates they provide? Do they provide estimates in writing? Do they visit the house for providing estimates? Are the estimates binding or non-binding?
- Are they willing to provide customer reference and testimonials? Are they willing to discuss their terms and policies with you before you hire them?
- Is there a cancellation policy that the moving company offers? Is there a time limit for the cancellation?
Answers to all these questions can help you determine if the moving company is reliable and trustworthy. After they have provided an estimate take time to evaluate it and ask questions if you have any doubts.
Price should not be the only factor that you consider as there are other things too that need to be taken into consideration. Most people opt for moving companies that quote very low prices and this can be a big mistake. moving companies tulsa ok