YouTube was launched in the year 2005 with the sole intention to provide people a platform to view, upload and share videos. With the passage of time, the popularity of the site grew by leaps and bounds. Today, approximately 800 million unique visitors visit YouTube each month, and nearly 48 hours of video content is uploaded every minute. Entrepreneurs usually hesitate to include this platform in their viral internet marketing campaign.
A majority of them feel that they do not have requisite skills and capital to create riveting videos. In reality, to make hypnotic videos, you do not need money or special skills. With a simple camcorder and a dash of creativity, you can easily make mind-boggling video clips that can mesmerize your prospects and persuade them not only to endorse your products, but also to spread the word about them. Conventionally, viral marketing is primarily word of mouth marketing in which if a consumer finds a product useful, he will recommend it to all his friends and relatives.
The recommendations will continue to pile up as more and more satisfied customers enter the block. Similarly, if your prospective client finds a your video useful, he will spread the news through internet-based channels like email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. In simple words, he will create a buzz to build up brand awareness. This is what viral internet marketing is all about, and YouTube can surely help you to reach out to targeted visitors and make your business venture profitable. Here are few useful tips that will help you to use YouTube more effectively in your viral internet marketing campaign.
· Do your homework – The first thing that you need to do is to find out what kind of videos are highly popular on YouTube. Generally, people prefer to watch funny, weird and informative video clips. With the help of views, ratings, comments and subscribers, you can easily find out the popular videos of your niche. View them carefully to decipher their formula of success.
· Keep it simple – Make sure that your video is simple, relevant and enticing. Your message should be loud and clear, and the total duration of the clip should be no more than 3-minutes. All these ingredients will work together to keep your prospect engrossed and later coerce him to buy your products as well as spread the word about it.
· Use keywords carefully – There are millions of videos on YouTube, and to help your clippings to stand out from the crowd, you should use the keywords appropriately. The keywords should be essentially present in the description, link and tags. It is often difficult to keep the link safely, and if the prospect loses the link, your viral internet marketing campaign will literally fail to generate desirable results. However, with the help of keywords, your potential customers can get back the link without much difficulty.
· Brush up your profile channel – Every video on YouTube has a profile channel where you can insert a link to your company’s website. You can also include some information about your business. By customizing the profile channel, you can effortlessly enhance the trustworthiness of your clipping. Together with the credibility, the popularity is bound to increase.
· Pay attention to the call to action – Multiple calls to action give a boost to your viral internet marketing campaign on YouTube because your prospects get different channels to share the video with ease. Apart from writing a comment and rating the clip, you can invite your potential customers to follow you on Twitter and Facebook, subscribe to your videos, send the clipping to their friends, or embed it in their websites. While doing all these things, your prospective clients are simply spreading the news.
· Promote your videos vigorously – In addition to your clients, you are also an important part of your viral internet marketing campaign. Therefore, you should spare no effort to promote your YouTube videos vigorously. Include the video link in your email signature, embed the clipping in your weblog and post it on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Orkut. Article directories and forums are also good places to popularize your promotional video. get youtube watch hours