Choosing a username is surely one of those boring details you put into your account when you create one. The Username that we like is usually already taken by someone else. We then choose a random string of letters and characters. However, a user name can eventually become important since it is your identity, and others can find you with your Username and know you with your Username. With regards to the Username in Steam context, surely that particular string that you entered during account creation can be seen by everyone.
If you are slowly becoming famous, then a random string will not matter to you. You can use this guide if you are also planning to change your Username and aren’t sure how to proceed. We will be demonstrating to you two simple methods on How to Change Steam Username in this guide.
How to Change Steam Username Quickly
When you are ready, you can choose any of the methods that are shown below. Each method comes with an instructional guide. Both methods will help you complete this How to Change Steam Username. Now let’s get started.
Changing Steam Username from the Friends Tab
The first method to change a steam username is through the friends tab. Changing your steam account name through the friends tab is by far the quickest method. Here are the steps to change your steam username. We’ll go through them now.
Make sure that you are connected to the internet and logged in to your Steam client before proceeding. If you are in the main Steam client dashboard, you can start by following the steps below.
- You will find the Friends tab at the top. Select it.
- There will be a drop-down menu, and the third option will be Edit Profile Name/ Avatar. Choose this option.
- This will take you to your profile settings.
- You will now see your current profile name to the right of the Profile Name
- You can edit it by clicking on it; deleting the existing name, and entering the name you prefer
- By the end of STEP 6, you will see your Profile name been changed. Scroll down and click the save button after entering the new profile name.
Changing the Steam Username from the Profile Settings
This is an alternative method of changing your Steam profile name. The process is a little longer but can be completed within a few minutes. As opposed to going directly to the profile settings page, you will simply go through the usual process of changing any settings in the client. Please refer to the following steps for instructions. First, open up your client and make sure you’re on the client’s main dashboard.
- The top of the page displays your current profile name. Click it to change it.
- Upon clicking on the Profile option, a pop-up box will appear. Click on it to begin
- By clicking that, you will be taken to your profile; on the right, there is an Edit Profile button
- Once you’re in the Profile settings section, you can see the name of the profile you currently have
- All you have to do is click on the existing profile name and edit it.
- Click on Delete Current Profile and type your new profile name.
- Please scroll down to the save button and click it after entering your new profile name.
Your newly created Username can now be viewed once you complete the last step.
The above guide has covered all the information necessary to help you change your Steam user name. Additionally, we have provided some important points that will help you better understand the difference between the Account name and the Username.
You may have found this guide helpful in resolving your issue. For more information on games, follow our blog.